Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- This Site is owned or operated by Hitched In GJ.
- As our business evolves, this Policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your Personal Information will be treated.
- Unless otherwise specified, this Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, other than from you through our Site, such as over the phone, by mail, or in person.
- Advertisements that may be displayed to you on this Site and other sites may be customized to your interests and preferences based on your Personal Information and Site usage information collected through our Site. Also, note, however, that if you opt-out we may still suggest offerings to you on our Site based on your history at our Site.
- If you are located outside of the United States, you should know that the information you provide to us is being transmitted to us and processed in the United States and will be protected subject to this Policy and United States laws, which may not be as protective as the laws in your country. Also, this Site places cookies and local shared objects on your computer or device, as further described below. By using the Site, you agree to this.
Opt In and Opt Out
You may have the right to opt in to or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on this Site, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive promotional messages from us by e-mail. You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out link within the e-mail you receive. Please understand that it may take us some time to process any opt out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
What information is collected on this Site?
While you may be able to visit and view content on the Site without providing any Personal Information, we may collect Personal Information on or through the Site in various circumstances.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you or contact you as an individual, as well as information attributed with such information. Personal Information includes, for example, your name; age or date of birth; postal address; e-mail address; telephone number; wireless device address; text message address; screen name or username; photograph; gender; geolocation information; payment card and other payment information; event dates and related information; information about your family; and interests, hobbies and demographic information. We collect Personal Information via the Site in a variety of circumstances, such as when you conduct a transaction on our Site; sign up for our newsletters; sign-up for certain services; make online purchases; enter sweepstakes and contests; complete surveys; contribute to a chat room, bulletin board, message board, list serve, blog, wiki or other social forum on the Site; or submit a comment or question to us by using a “contact us” or similar feature on the Site. On some of our Sites, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or access certain content, unless you provide us with the requested Personal Information.
An Internet or mobile-based call or similar feature on the Site enables you to call merchants or other third parties that are featured on the Site, such as vendors of products and services we think you may be interested in. We may use this information for analytics, auditing and other purposes.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many Web sites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit the Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your usage of and navigation around the Site. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Site, and any search terms you have entered on the Site or a referral site. All of this information may be used for a variety of purposes, including, for example, to gather aggregated demographic or statistical information.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on the Site to collect additional information about your Site visits. These technologies may enable us to, for example, assign a unique number to you, to collect information about your usage of our Site, administer the Site and our systems, and to relate such Site usage information to other information about you, including your Personal Information.
By using our Site, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies. Examples of the types of tracking technologies deployed on the Site include the following:
- “Cookies” are small data files stored on your computer or device at the request of a Web site. In addition to the general purposes listed above, cookies may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our Site in the past, and relate your use of the Site to other information about you, such as other Site usage information and Personal Information. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on the Site (for example, by storing your username) and/or to collect general usage and aggregated statistical information. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, limit your use of the Site or its features.
- “Local shared objects, such as “Flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings.
- A “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our Web pages.
- “HTML5” (the language some Web sites, such as mobile Web sites, are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Site usage activities and to help determine how our Site is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for our users.
The above tracking technologies may be deployed by us or our service providers on our behalf. For example, we currently use, and/or in the future may use certain third party vendors to collect Site usage information and track traffic to, from and around the Sites.
We may use third-party web beacons to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. By using our Site, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not change our tracking practices (which are explained in more detail directly above) in response to “do-not-track” (DNT) settings in your web browser. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
Our third party partners, such as ad networks, web analytics companies and social media and networking platforms, collect information about your online activities over time and across our Site and other online properties. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings. Information about how to opt-out from your data being used by third parties can be found above under “Site Usage Information”.
How we may use your information
We (or one of our service providers, on our behalf) may use your information (including your Personal Information and Site usage information) for a variety of purposes, such as the following:
- processing and fulfilling your transactions
- administering the Site, the Site’s features and services, and your account with us
- enabling users to use the Site and the Site’s features and services
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- developing new features and offerings on the Site
- sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you. You may opt out of receiving such notices from us by following the instructions in the Opt In and Opt Out section above.
- protecting our rights and property
- customizing the Site to your interests and history with us
- tailoring ads displayed to you on our Site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- other purposes described at the time you choose to provide Personal Information to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site usage information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
How we may share Personal Information and Site usage information with others?
We may share the information we collect on the Site with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with our subsidiaries, affiliates and third-party providers who need your information in order to provide services to us or on our behalf, and sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Site with other Site users, we may share your information:
- with our affiliates and other third parties (e.g., pre-screened organizations that have offerings we think may interest you, retailers, and other third party partners) for their marketing and other purposes, unless you tell us not to by following the instructions in the Opt-in and Opt-out section above;
- including limited personal information, such as your first name, first initial of your last name, wedding location, data, color preferences, and wedding theme, with our affiliates and other third parties (e.g., pre-screened organizations that have offerings we think may interest you, registry program participants, retailers, and other third party partners) for their marketing and other purposes;
- with our co-sponsor(s) if we obtain your information in connection with a contest, sweepstakes, offering, or other promotional activity that is jointly offered by us and any third parties, unless you tell us not to by following the instructions in the Opt-in and Opt-out section above;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law;
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets, or wind-down of a business.
In addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Site usage information (including aggregate data) with others, for their use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
If you participate in certain public or community areas of our Site, such as a chat room, message board, blog, or by creating a public profile), the information you voluntarily disclose will be accessible to other Site members and, in some cases, the general public. You should be cautious about the information you submit to these areas (e.g., make up a username that does not disclose your personal identity). On some of our Sites, you may choose to make your online registries available to guests and friends via a password. If you do not elect this option, then anyone visiting the Site will be able to search for and view your registry by using your first and/or last name and other information regarding your event.
We may make available mobile applications (or “apps”) that you are able to download to and use from your mobile device. Depending on the nature and functionality of the app, we may collect Personal Information and non-personally identifiable usage information through the app. The app also may collect information about your mobile device, such as your device’s unique device ID (UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, device type, operating system and connection information (e.g., WiFi, 3G, etc.). If you opt-in, some of our apps may collect your device’s precise real-time location, and in such cases, you may be able to opt out from further allowing us to have access to such location data by managing your location preferences in the app and/or on your device. This Policy may be supplemented from time to time with additional terms applicable to individual apps, or individual apps may be subject to separate privacy policies of which we will notify you by posting them on such apps.
Third-Party Ad Servers and Networks
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to this Site and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These advertisements may appear on this Site and on other Web sites. These companies may employ cookies, clear GIFs and other tracking technologies to cause relevant ads to be displayed to you.
If the e-mail address you provide to us is a wireless e-mail address, you agree to receive messages from us at such address, subject to your opt-out rights as described in the Opt In and Opt Out section above. You may change your e-mail preferences at any time, but your wireless carrier’s standard rates will apply as long as you are receiving messages at a wireless e-mail address. If you give us a wireless e-mail address, you represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the device on which messages will be received and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
We use various efforts intended to safeguard the security and integrity of Personal Information collected on this Site. Despite these measures, however, we cannot and do not guarantee that information will be absolutely safe from interception during transmission or intrusion during storage, while stored on our system, or otherwise.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using Web forms like a “contact us” feature on our Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure from access by unauthorized parties. We have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission. If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
Links to other Web sites
Children under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or store any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not make purchases through the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases (for example, if we make certain material changes), we may inform you by additional means, such as by sending you an e-mail. In some cases, we may obtain your consent to the changes.
Last Updated: July 21, 2017